President of AIOM since April 2015, he is a member of the Steering Committee of C.I.S.Co., Council of Intermodal Shipping Consultants, Italian section, member of the Scientific Committee of the “Luigi Micheletti” Foundation of Brescia, honorary member of the German Logistics Association (BVL), has contributed to the drafting of the National Transport and Logistics Plan at the Ministry of Transport (1998-2001) and the National Logistic Plan (2010-2011).
For several years he was a CNEL expert for logistic issues and one of the founders of the Eurotrans Club, a research team including 9 European countries (1990-2016). He is a promotor of ACTA, the Consultants’ Association of the Service Sector.
- Research report of the Eurotrans Club at the World Transport Economics Congress published in the Proceedings (Lyon 1992).
• Several reports for the European Conference of Transport Ministers (Paris, 1989-1994-2002).
• Survey on maritime ports for the Italian Competition & Market Authority (Autorità Garante della Concorrenza e del Mercato – 1994).
• Master Plan for the Port of Cagliari (1996).
• Business Plan for a new maritime cargo line between Sardinia and the Continent on behalf of a shipping company.
• Coordinator in charge of the cargo transport and logistics sector of the General Transport Plan at the Ministry of Transport during the terms of office of Ministers Burlando, Treu and Bersani (1998-2001).
• Member of the select group for the drafting of the Plan document to be submitted to CIPE (2001).
• Vice-president of the Italian Logistics Association (2000-2003).
• Advisor to the Board of CNEL (National Council for Economy and Labour) with regard to logistic networks and subsequently expert of the 5th Commission on maritime-port infrastructures, 2001-2004 and 2009-2010.
• Advisor to the Managing Director of Trenitalia (2001-October 2004).
• Various consultancies for the Bologna inland terminal on rail connections to ports (2004/05).
• Advisor to the Transport and Mobility regional ministry of the Campania Region until April 2006.
• Advisor to Sviluppo Italia on projects regarding new ports in the South of the country (2005/2006).
• Advisor to the Trieste Port Authority for the drafting of the Three-year Operational Plan (2007).
• Consultant to the Emilia-Romagna Region for the strategic positioning of the port of Ravenna and the Interreg PORTUS project.
• Advisor to the Managing Director of the Italian Railways for the rail services at the ports from July 2007 to December 2008. Italian Railways’ representative for rail services at ports from July 2007 to December 2008.
• Consultant to the Association of Italian Ports for the drafting of strategic documents.
• Coordinator for Serbia and Montenegro for the ITALBALK project of the Italian Regions, of which the Campania Region is lead partner (2009-2010).
• Advisor to the PALIO project of the Piedmont Region, under the coordination of the University of Eastern Piedmont (2008-2011).
• Coordinator of the study on the intermodal systems of the inland terminals of Bologna, Verona Quadrante Europa and Padua (2010-2011).
• Rapporteur at the National Assemblies of Italian Shipping Agents in 2014 and 2015.
HIS MOST RECENT PUBLICATIONS:
• “Le multinazionali del mare. Letture sul sistema marittimo-portuale”, Egea Editore Milan, 2010, pp. 325.
• “Banche e crisi, dal petrolio al container”, Derive e Approdi, Roma 2013 pp. 200.
“Knowledge Workers. Dall’operaio massa al freelance”, Asterios Editore, Trieste 2015.
• “La New Workforce. Il movimento dei freelance. Origini, caratteristiche, sviluppo”, Asterios Editore, Trieste 2015.
• “Tempesta perfetta sui mari. Il crack della finanza navale”, Derive&Approdi, 2016, pp. 206.